Product Information Page
*REMEMBER* ALWAYS MAKE A COPY OF YOUR HAIR OR ACCESSORY BEFORE CUSTOMIZING!
As of November 27, 2010, new styles and accessories released by ChiChickie! (created by Chiana Meredith) will use a new “Universal HUD” for resizing, recoloring and retexturing all or part of the hairstyle and/or accessories.
This page will always have the most up to date information on how how to customize your particular hairstyle and/or accessories!
First – determine if your item is “Universal HUD Compatible”. View this list of ChiChickie! Universal HUD Styles.
If your hair is Universal HUD Compatible, follow these directions:
|Instructions for ChiChickie! Universal HUD – Color/Texture/ReSize
- Wear hair and/or hair accessory.
- Wear “ChiChickie! Universal HUD – Color/Texture/ReSize”
- Click the tab on top to choose what type of customization you would like to do (not all are available on all styles): Tint (color), Texture, Shine, Size
- Click the tab on the left with the image or words identifying the hair piece or hair accessory you would like to change.
- If Tint (color), on the rainbow palette, click in the boxes to choose your color. The current color will show in the large box on the top right of the HUD. Click the large box to apply the color. Or click from the pre-defined simple pallette to the right.
- If Texture, click the thumbnail corresponding to the texture of your choice. Texture will appear in the large box on the top right of the HUD. Click the large box to apply the texture.
- If Shine, click the appropriate button to turn shine to low, medium or high, or to turn it off.
- If Size, click the appropriate button to increase or decrease your hair’s overall size by .1%, 1% or 10% at a time.
- VERY IMPORTANT – AFTER RESIZING, PLEASE WAIT PATIENTLY FOR THE HAIR TO FINISH RESIZING BEFORE MOVING, OR THE HAIR WILL BREAK.
- Note that size changes apply to the entire hair. There is no undo or restore, so always keep a copy of your hair. Additionally, hairs are resizeable by more traditional means of editing the hair (right click/edit) and then dragging the handles to resize the hair up or down, but hair will not resize below a certain point due to restrictions in SL’s coding).
- You can save favorite colors and textures by using the down arrows at the bottom to move the colors and textures into one of 9 “favorite” boxes.
- When you’ve found a custom configuraton you like, simply detach the HUD til next time!
If your hair/accessory is NOT Universal HUD Compatible (it is not on the list), but it has its own “Color Picker HUD” with the hair or accessory name in the title, follow these directions:
|Instructions for ChiChickie! “Color Picker” HUDs
- Wear hair and/or hair accessory.
- Wear Color Picker Hud that comes with the item (Other CC! Color Picker HUDs will not work with the item, so please wear the one one that comes WITH the item!)
- Click the tab on the left with the image identifying the hair piece or hair accessory you would like to change to a different color.
- On the rainbow palette, click in the boxes to choose your color. The current color will show in the large box on the bottom right.
- When you’ve found a color you like for each changeable tab (if more than one), simply detach the HUD til next time!
If your hair has texture or color change features but there is no HUD and it are not on the list, or if your hair has no customizeable features beyond resize, simply try clicking the hair while you are wearing it. All non-HUD available features should be available through a touch menu.
If you inadvertently lose or delete a HUD, send a notecard request to Chiana Meredith specifying the exact name of the hairstyle or accessory you are requesting a HUD for and it should be delivered to you within 48 hours. If I will be away for longer, the information will be on my profile.